January 16, 2011

It's come to "that time"

Note: I promise I'll even up the shittiness of my last few posts with a happy one sometime this coming week. We need some happy. Maybe Friday, when I have another ultrasound?

Today, possibly to the hour, I am at the same gestation with Cookie that I was with Ianto the last time we heard his heartbeat. The last time we walked into a doctor's office and didn't have fear creeping in our heads. Thirty weeks and six days. February 18th.

Everything was normal - I weighed myself when I got there, waited (and waited, and waited...), then I was finally called up... Through the doors, sit down please, how far along are you, when are you due?, roll my eyes because they ask at every appointment, up onto the bed to take your blood pressure, okay lay down and we'll listen to the baby, heartbeat's fine, you're measuring right on dates, thank you doctor, let's go. We had no idea that would be the last time. How were we supposed to know? Everything was fine.

The next time we walked into that hospital, we still thought everything was okay. Thirty two weeks. February 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!