January 07, 2011

Can you help Lori?

Absolutely fantastic blogger and wonderful woman Lori from Random Ramblings of a SAHM is having a bit of a family crisis at the moment. Her husband Tony is in Intensive Care (at this point we in the "blogosphere" don't know why) and is fighting for his life. He's the breadwinner so no matter which way it goes, Lori's family is going to be doing it rough for a little while.

Aussie Mummy Bloggers are banding together to help Lori out with the financial side, raising some money through a widget on our blogs. So please, whether you send a prayer, some positive thoughts, maybe a little bit of money to help her out, please spare a thought for a family who is going through a tough time right now. The widget's down below, and on my sidebar.

Lori, I hope you're reading this with Tony by your side soon. All our thoughts are with you.

I'll be updating this post as more news trickles in, so please feel free to come back over the course of the day.  

Update 10:55am - News is that Tony's not doing well right now. There's a special FYBF (Flog Yo Blog Friday) that has been set up so our little blogging community can send our collective love out. Please join in if you have a blog of your own, even if you've never read RRSAHM.  

Update 1:36pm - Wow. Just wow, people. We've raised close to $500 for Lori already! And apparently about $65 of that is from people donating via here (it has me twice, I'm guessing one for in this post and one for the sidebar.) Still no news on how Tony (AKA The Man) is going, hopefully there will be good news soon.

Update 4:51pm - Over $900 raised already! Fantastic effort, everyone!

Not much by way of actual news, but Lori updated her Twitter about an hour ago with this: "No news yet, but the prognosis is not good. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Love you all-from the bottom of my heart, thank you" so it really isn't sounding good.

Update Saturday 7:07am -  I had an early night last night, so I missed the last update on Tony's condition. Around 8ish last night he was going in for a CT scan to check for brain function. As far as I know, there's been no news since.

We've also raised over $1500!

Update 10:30am - Lori updated her original blog post about fifteen minutes ago with this:

No news as yet. But the prognosis is not good. We are hoping, without getting our hopes up, and it's a frightening, torturous place to be.

Tony is still unresponsive, but I have reason to believe he can hear every word I say. I spent last night sleeping on a chair next to his bed. We held hands all night, just like we used to do when we first met.

My husband had a psychotic episode, and did something completely out of character. It was horrific to watch, and I can only imagine how tortured his own mind must be by what happened.

Please, keep praying. A tiny part of me believes miracles are possible. I can feel all your love and positive vibes. This- the Internet, my community- this is where I've been coming when the pain is so bad I cannot breathe. I read your messages, I feel your prayers, and it gives me faith and comfort.

Please, keep praying. Every little bit helps. My husband is a strong man- the toughest bloke I know-and he can fight this. I know he can.

Lori xo





Here are the instructions for the Blog Hop:
  • If you haven’t already, please read Lori’s post and leave a comment of support for her.
  • Send your prayers and/or good vibes to her and her family.
  • Link up for Lori. Let her know you were here.
  • If it is within your means, consider donating some money to help her family through this difficult time (her husband is the breadwinner and regardless of the outcome, this will be a rough financial ride for them). There is a paypal widget on the sidebar.
  • Spread the word about the Linky so she can have as much support as possible at this time.

The General FYBF Rules:
  1. Follow my blog, the Random Ramblings of a SAHM. I never seem to get to reading all the links here. But believe me, I try. Not that any of this is my idea anyway- FYBF is MummyTime's brainbaby. I stole it.
  2. Grab the bubbly button and post it on your sidebar.
  3. Link your First Name and/or Blog Name and URL of your post or blog.
  4. Add a short description (max of 125 chars). It could be a description of yourself, your blog or a teaser to your latest post.
  5. Follow at least 1 linkyer/blogger (Be nice and spread the love).
  6. The list will be open for linkyers on Fridays (and for the foreigners Friday as well).
  7. A new and fresh link list will open every Friday. And you will have to link up AGAIN. The previous link list does not carry over to the following week.
  8. And lastly, have lotsa fun. I mean it. If I detect anyone not totally loving the awesomeness, I will bump you off the linky list. (Joking) (Kinda).
  9. Ripping off my stuff- including these rules- makes baby Jesus cry. If you are doing your own blog hop, please write your own rules. You know who you are.



    4 comments:

    1. Thanks for supporting Lori. xo

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you for the post. It is so great to see us all come together. :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh gawd I'm an idiot, I forgot the list...

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great to be part of this caring community! Have a wonderful weekend!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for reading!