October 15, 2010

Kicks, kisses, and a Wave of Light

Cookie is a much stronger kicker than his/her brother. I'm only 17 weeks (and four days) but I've been feeling little movements for a few weeks now. Especially in the past 24 hours. I swear my bladder must look like a punching bag from where Cookie sits (that, or a nice soft beanbag to sleep on...) because it's always being attacked or pushed on. I'm not complaining too loudly though. I love feeling Cookie learn his or her way around "home." I love that I can feel all this so early and so often. I never really got that with Ianto, he wasn't much of a mover most of the time. It's really wonderful. I also have a bit more of a bump! How awesome is that?







Today's a fairly special day in our house. It's the eighth anniversary of Scott asking me to be his girlfriend. The story's quite cute actually. On the 14th of October 2002, Scott kissed me for the first time. I went into shock a little (how would you feel if your crush kissed you?) and was stunned into silence. Because we didn't get much of a chance to talk after it happened, Scott thought he'd upset me. So on the 15th, he called me to apologise for kissing me, and tell me it would never happen again. The conversation didn't exactly go that way. We were kinda awkward, talking about school and all the interesting (read: boring) things we'd done... And then he said the immortal words: "So... you wanna take this thing further?" Again, he'd shocked me into silence. If I remember correctly, he started apologising again as I cut him off and said "um, yeah, actually, I would." And so it was. We stayed together for two years, breaking up in November 2004. We stayed fairly good friends, and got back together in September 2006. Engaged June 8th 2007, married September 19th 2009... And the rest is history. The photo to the left is Scott and I a little over a month before we started going out. It does no justice to just how geeky we both were/are.

October 15th is also a special day in the Babyloss community. It's the "official" remembrance day for our babies. At 7pm, wherever you are, you're invited to light a candle and keep it burning for one hour. You can light as many or as few candles as you wish in memory of our special babies. Tonight, I light four candles - One for Ianto. One for the family members I never met. One for my friends' babies. And one for all the babies who have gone before us. I invite you do to the same, whether you've lost a little one yourself, you know someone who has lost, or if reading this blog is the closest you've ever come to babyloss.







5 comments:

  1. I will be lighting a candle tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lighting 3 candles tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of sweet Ianto today , love & light to you both. I'll be lighting many candles tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be lighting candlesfrom Tenielle's mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be lighting a candle tonight too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!