August 20, 2010

By the way...

Have I mentioned I've set up a new blog? There's a reason for that...
I'm pregnant again.
This was my first test at 11 days post-ovulation. The 12th of July. Yeah, I've been sitting on this information that long. It's been killing me! And yes, there is a line there. It's just faint.
Why today? A few reasons - 1. My "tribute" for Nan is going in the paper and we've signed it from all four of us. 2. Apparently everyone on one side of my family knows anyway (the word is I've written it on this blog - can someone show me where?) and I want the other side to know too. and 3. I'm sick of trying to hide it, I'm being really obvious with it anyway. Why keep hiding?
The baby's nickname is Cookie, and we already have some photos. He/she is so much more obedient than Ianto was, we were able to get pictures so easily!
So, I suppose I've moved out of the "blogging after stillbirth" category, and moved into "blogging a pregnancy after stillbirth".
I will admit, I am scared. There have been times when I have been convinced that this one won't be viable. But then there are times I'm strong, and visualise meeting this baby. I make cute kids, so I'm not scared about that.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations.
    Yaaaay. I was right. Woooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! being pg after a loss is sooo difficult. wishing you a smooth ride with a living baby to enjoy at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS Sweetie. What wonderful news.

    And regarding the news already being on your blog, I think people might have read it here -

    http://www.facesofloss.com/search/label/Australia

    Your last sentance is :
    And... We've recently found out we're expecting a baby brother or sister for Ianto!

    And your post is dated the 20th July he he.

    Hope everything goes perfectly for you.

    Take Care,
    Melanie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, Melanie... I completely forgot I'd put that in *facepalm*

    I really didn't think anyone would read that anyway, since it's all (except that last sentence) on this blog and you all should've read it already ;)

    Thanks all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congatulations!!!! I am thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teni - OMG when you said people read your news on your blog I was wondering if I made an inadvertent comment.... I will have to see if I did... but at least I wasn't the only one.

    So glad you've made the news public....it is a really tough rollercoaster ride, but you can do it.

    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, at first when i come across your blog, i felt really sad reading the main header picture of your blog. How sweet of you to dedicate a blog for Ianto.. And then right on the second post when you typed you are pregnant again, i feel like crying even more. lol. Congrats, so happy for you! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am laughing so hard at the fact I said Amelia was "obedient". Not only is she the most strong-willed, stubborn little girl I know; I would never want obedience from her :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!