May 03, 2010

I'm sorry I'm late with this post

I know, I know, I said a few days ago that I had photos to share. I kinda lied a little - I was stalling because I'd forgotten to take photos. Please forgive me, O wise readers of my blog!



Aaaaanyway, I took photos today (Not even an hour ago! Hot off the presses!) of the wooden plaque and the tile thingie on Ianto's grave. And once again, I have lost some colour! Shock horror!


Yes. The windmill was gone. After I took this photo, I looked around and thought I found it. Either that or I nicked it from someone else's grave by accident thinking it was ours.

The tile - I got dirt all over it when I was placing it, so please forgive the filth.

I really love the plaque, if I can say so myself. Even if the letters are slightly askew.
Something silly I've done in the past few hours is look up every single child who is buried in the little garden bit Ianto's in. 33 in total now. Of those:

  • Twenty were stillborn.
  • Nine breathed less than a year - six less than a day, and one less than a month. The oldest of this group was five months.
  • Four made it past their first birthday. A two-year-old, a one-year-old, a four-year-old and a seven-year-old.
  • Fifteen were female, eighteen were male.
  • Twenty died in 2009, 13 so far in 2010.
Don't ask why I collected all that information. I was bored and curious about the other kids there. I may leave flowers on their birthdays/angelversaries, but I'm not sure I should...

2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful :)

    The reason the colours are off is because your columns are see through to show off the rainbow behind, so the photos are partly see through as well. If your columns were a solid colour they'd be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to mention as well, if you click on the photo to bring up the full sized version you can see it perfectly ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!