April 30, 2010

The lead-up to Mothers Day(s)

I am not looking forward to this Sunday or the next. (wow, wasn't I writing this post two weeks ago about last Friday?)



This Sunday, dear readers, is International Babyloss Mothers Day. Yes, it's wonderful that there is such a thing specially for Empty Arms Mums, but really, I don't want to be different. It makes me feel like there's something wrong with me. I want to be given normal Mothers Day cards. Of course, if anyone says anything about it to me, I'll be ecstatic, but I just want to be a normal mum.

That brings me to the Sunday after this one. "Real" Mothers Day. The one where I should be getting cutesy "Happy First Mothers Day" cards, breakfast and breastfeeding in bed, a nice day out with my baby. But no, it'll pass similarly to most other days have lately. I'll wake up late, probably with Scott having left for work (not sure of his shifts, but knowing my luck it'll be a late-morning to late-afternoon one), nothing indicating this day is any different. I'll go on the computer, look up a million different stillbirth websites, facebook, bellybelly. Eventually I'll remember my own mum, go to wish her a happy Mothers Day. And I'll cry.

I did some stuff today, but that'll have to wait. I forgot to grab the memory card and don't have the photos to illustrate what I want to say/show.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading!