March 05, 2010

Funeral tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is the funeral. Final things were finished today - Scott paid the cemetery fees today, we went shopping for something for me to wear, we finalised what Robyn (the celebrant) is going to say, and what music is going to be played... Too much. We went to see the site where Ianto will be buried, it's such a beautiful spot. He'll be the 31st person to be buried in the new children's section of the cemetery. Already it seems that bit's almost full - too many children...

When Scott was reading over the service, he teared up because it hit him that it was real. I thought that was good, he's been "strong" for me all week, seemingly ignoring his own feelings, so I'm glad he's been able to cry.

As for me, I don't know how I haven't cried yet today. I shut down the other day simply thinking about what's going to happen tomorrow, but today? Not a tear.

1 comment:

  1. I followed your link from BB, and I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you, and have just shed about 25 tears reading you story.

    You're an amazing and brave woman to post so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!