March 20, 2010

Designing a memorial tattoo

I'm in the process of designing a memorial tattoo. I've come up with a few ideas, bits and pieces I'd like in there, but they won't all fit together...
Here's what I've thought of so far:
  • Ianto's name & date of birth (these are non-negotiable)
  • Angel wings
  • His footprints
  • Pink-and-blue ribbon (it's the "symbol" for baby loss, apparently)
  • Something tying it to the tattoo I have on my thigh (it says "I believe in Love surviving Death into Eternity")
So far, I'm able to put them all together except the ribbon and the wings - it seems I'll need one or the other. Ah well.

I need to find a font for the wording, too. Not many of the fonts I like have good "I"s - they seem to all look like "J"s or lower-case "L"s. Not to worry though, the wonderful ladies of Bellybelly have directed me to some good font sites, and I'm whittling it down.

Here's hoping I'll have some pictures to put up here soon!

In other news, I've just created a Facebook fan page for this blog - I wonder if I'll start getting more readers? Only time will tell...

3 comments:

  1. I check your page every few days to read how you are going. I love the tattoo ideas...its going to be beautiful.

    http://www.tattoojohnny.com/ is another awesome place to get some great ideas. Ive found the one i want done when we can afford it from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)

    I have been to tattoojohnny to get ideas, but ultimately I want to design it all myself then get the tattoo artist to clean it up a bit and make it look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still going through all my fonts for you
    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!